PGS Aust Holdings recognises its moral and legal responsibility, in particular to the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1985, to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring the organisation’s operations do not place the local community at risk of injury or illness.
PGS Aust Holdings aims to:
- Provide and maintain safe plant and systems of work;
- Provide written procedures and instructions according to the requirements of the model to ensure safe systems of work are implemented;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current state of knowledge standards;
- Provide employees, contractors and customers with regular information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure their safety;
- Provide support mechanisms and resources, which will assist employees with maintaining or improving their psychological and physical health.
PGS Aust Holdings recognises that management have the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace. Each management representative will be held accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility. These responsibilities are described in the relevant position descriptions, the Quality Policy and Procedure Manuals and within this Health and Safety Manual, but broadly encompass:
- Providing and maintaining the workplace in a safe condition;
- Ensuring all Health and Safety polices and procedures are implemented;
- Actively promoting and being involved in those policies and procedures
- Providing the resources to meet the company’s commitment to health and safety.
Employees and subcontractors are to ensure that they:
- Follow all OHS policies and procedures;
- Report all hazards and incidents to their supervisor (Leading Hand or Branch Manager).
PGS Aust Holdings has a total commitment to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, especially with regard to health and safety issues.
Chun Woo Pak